Whether you are a seasoned investor, a first-time homebuyer, or a retiring homebuyer, Personal Realty Advisers can provide the financial guidance you need to get your purchase underway and with terms and conditions that work for your lifestyle, budget and big-picture goals.
Most counties and major cities throughout the Tampa Bay area offer down payment assistance loans to income-eligible homebuyers of property within their respective city/county limits. These loans usually:
- total $15,000 to $40,000,
- are eligible for households up to 140% of area median income,
- have a 0% interest rate,
- have $0 monthly payment, and
- may be entirely forgiven if you remain in the home for a certain number of years.
See if you qualify and learn how to take advantage of these excellent programs.
- Hillsborough County/Housing Finance Authority
- City of Tampa
- Pinellas County / Housing Finance Authority
- City of St. Petersburg
- City of Clearwater
- City of Largo
- Pasco County
- Hernando County
- Manatee County / Housing Finance Authority
- Polk County
Mortgage Assistance for Those Age 62+
Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) were designed by and are insured by the U.S. Federal Government specifically to help keep aging adults in their homes during their retirement. They are a great option for homebuyers and homeowners age 62 and older. A HECM can help you hold onto your savings for your well-deserved retirement years, and/or it can help you increase your purchasing power when selecting your permanent home for retirement.
- For more information on the HECM program and How It Works, visit the HECM information webpage for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development..
- To see how a HECM helped a Florida homebuyer secure her retirement dream home, check out this News Story on our site: HECM: A Beneficial Real Estate Investment Option for Boomers..
- For a list of recommended HECM Loan Specialists, contact Robert Coscia, Broker and Owner of Personal Realty Advisers. He’ll ascertain your preferences and needs and connect you with one or more lenders who can guide you through the process.
Other Investor & Financial Resources
- Should I Buy Now or Wait: Advice from a Tampa Bay Real Estate Broker
- Cash Real Estate Sales Are Skyrocketing: Should You Consider Paying Cash for Your Next Home?
- Benefits of Putting Your Real Estate in a Trust
- Keep or Sell Your Vacation Home?
- Ways to Minimize Real Estate Capital Gains Taxes
- Helping Your Adult Children Buy Their First Home: What You Should Know
- The Pros and Cons of Buying a Vacation Home
- The Benefits of a 1031 Tax-Free Exchange
- What To Do When You Inherit a Home