Preparing Probate Property For Sale in Florida
You’ve been handed a great honor—challenge that most people hope to never have—managing someone’s final affairs. The tasks are daunting, especially when dividing and selling loved one’s real and personal property.
One of the most complicated and time consuming tasks is selling the decedent’s real property. Preparing, listing and showing property in probate can begin any time; you do not have to wait for court approval before you begin steps to ready the property for sale.
During this process, it’s crucial to work with specialists experienced in probate. As a Broker and Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist, I can help manage all steps of this process, which will make settling other estate matters more manageable.
Real Property Steps I Can Help With
- Oversee inventory of personal property and prepare home for estate sale.
- Assist to ensure continuation of utilities and insurance coverage for property.
- Ready home for listing and showing: removal of personal property, cleaning, landscaping, basic home repairs, inspections, and more.
- Arrange for and oversee property appraisal and secure all needed home documents, such as elevation certificate and property survey.
- Confirm clear title and tax status.
- Assist with securing court approval for the property sale.